Film Scoring Competition
2016 Submissions Now Open
Earlybird deadline is Dec. 31st. Final submission deadline is June 1st.
Earlybird saves you $10 per competition if you are competing in both The Indie Gathering and Horror Hotel.
How to submit for The 2016 Indie Gathering:
1) Download trailer on Vimeo at https://vimeo.com/141106561
2) Score entire trailer / Download registration form at www.theindiegathering.com/scoringreg.doc
3) Pay registration fee and submit playable DVD (or send a private video link to firstname.lastname@example.org) with score & trailer combined before competition deadline.
*Sony Creative Software will be sponsoring our 1st place prize*
1st place winner will receive Audio Master Suite and Catalyst Production Suite, a combined value of $1,000.
Audio Master Suite - Sound Forge™ Pro 11 and SpectraLayers™ Pro 2 are the most advanced waveform and spectral editing applications available today. Each with its own unique genius, they work seamlessly together to form a colossal editing system offering extraordinary and immediate gains for audio professionals everywhere. Award-winning Sound Forge digital audio editing software includes a powerful set of audio processes, tools, and effects for manipulating audio. Sound Forge software allows you to edit, record, encode, and master nearly any form of digital audio including WAV, AIFF, and MP3. Whether you're new to editing audio or you're a seasoned audio engineer, there is a Sound Forge product that is right for you.
Catalyst Production Suite - The Catalyst Production Suite fuses powerful media preparation and fast, focused video editing to provide the backbone for your video productions. Catalyst Prepare paves your path from camera to post with robust organizational tools, strong color adjustment and monitoring, extensive metadata support, and more. Catalyst Edit provides a lean, focused video editing environment that makes your cutting process fast and fluent. With support for 4K and Sony RAW media, the Catalyst Production Suite gives you the power to make the most of your camera's high dynamic range and wide color gamut as well as the stunning resolution of 4K from beginning to end.
How to submit for Horror Hotel 2016:
You may also pay online below with PayPal:
The 2015 Indie Gathering Winners
1. Brian McDonald
2. Kankawee Nilthajan
3. Cory Adams
4. Alison Dukes
5. Alexander McMillan
6. Liam Meng
7. Marco Rosetti
8. Sunghee Nam
9. Raul Carreira
10. Larry Woolever
11. Erik Chapman
12. Lucio Berardi
You do not have to be present at the festival, although special awards are given to winners who attend! Non-attending winners will receive an e-mailed certificate after the festival.
Winners will be networked with the film business for one year. We also send winners job leads as often as possible.
1) Submitting early ensures a review process that will let you know if you need to resubmit your clip. Resubmissions will not incur a separate registration fee. Files must be mailed on DVD or sent as a private link via e-mail submission to email@example.com.
2) Entries are to be completed by ONE composer. We no longer accept team submissions.
3) Every composer can only submit one score for consideration.
4) Score material must be original and submitter must own all rights to the piece of music.
Composer bears responsibility for any liabilities arising from copyright infringement.
5) Competitors are not to contact the filmmaker or production company responsible for the competition trailer while submissions are open.
6) Winners will be announced before the festival, and awards are presented at The Indie Gathering's award ceremony.
7) This event is open to the public.
8) Any entries that are found to violate copyrights, contain offensive material, and/or do not abide to the timing rules and other guidelines will be disqualified from the competition.
9) Judging will be blind in all categories.
10) All composers are invited to participate regardless of musical background. International participation is also encouraged.
11) Once submitted, there are no refunds; however, a composer may still withdraw his/her
composition from the competition.
12) Entering the competition does not guarantee you any award or placement. Only entries that reach a specific score in judging qualify for an award.
Mail Reg. Form with check/MO (or pay online) and DVD to:
The Indie Gathering
5009 Storer Ave. #3
Cleveland, OH 44102
(216) 323-2393(216) 323-2393